DIY: Metallic Gold Desk Lamp

Glitter N Glue DIY Gold Spray Paint Desk LampThis Sunday Hollywood is throwing a big ole party for a little man named Oscar! Now imagine if the award show was sponsored by Krylon and once an actor won they were handed a boring grey metal statue and a can of metallic gold spray paint. They were then escorted backstage where cameras were set up to capture them actually spray paint their Oscar statue LIVE. Not that would be a show worth watching! LOL

You guys know how I love to take something ordinary and transform it to extraordinary with a few coats of spray paint.Β  Remember Olly the owl? (Click here if you don’t) He was salvaged from the $1 store and now lives the most fantastic and glamorous life on my shelf. Today it’s time for my boring desk lamp is get a new lease on life.

Glitter N Glue DIY Gold Spray Paint Desk Lamp  MATERIALSMaterials: Desk Lamp (available at Target), Krylon Metallic Gold Spray Paint

Glitter N Glue DIY Gold Spray Paint Desk Lamp SPRAYThe Krylon Metallic Paint is great! I love the color and it dries within 15 minutes. It took only 2 coats to make my lamp shine.

Glitter N Glue DIY Gold Spray Paint Desk Lamp PAINTWhile I was at it, I gave Roberto the rabbit (Smith & Hawken available at Target) a make over too!

Glitter N Glue DIY Gold Spray Paint Desk Lamp DESKWhat a difference a few coats of paint can make

Glitter N Glue DIY Gold Spray Paint Desk Lamp  ROBERTO THE RABBITRoberto the rabbit reading up on his cousin’s adventures with Alice

About these ads

15 responses

1. This is awesome! love it..

February 20, 2013 at 1:34 am

2. nice

February 20, 2013 at 3:17 am

3. It looks very nice!!!

February 20, 2013 at 6:40 am

4. Great way to revamp your everyday lamp!

February 20, 2013 at 6:43 am

5. rocquelleislovely

LOVE this!! I’ve been looking for a lamp for my desk, and this idea is perfect for it.

February 20, 2013 at 6:51 am

6. Jennie M

I subscribed to your blog a few weeks ago from a curbly post or something and thought I’d “wait and see what this gals’s up to” to before I left any comments….and I have to say…I LOVE THIS BLOG!!! I should have known though…silly me…I mean, c’mon…it’s glitter…and it’s glue…”Duh, self.”

Anyway, looking forward to trying this as I have a stainless lamp that’s very similar to this one and, in its current state, looks a little out of place in my living room. Besides, who doesn’t love an excuse to spray paint something! Give that bunny a pat from me!

February 20, 2013 at 2:46 pm

• Awwwww so glad you found the blog! Thanks for subscribing!!!! xoxo

Roberto says “hey girl, hey”!!!! xo

February 21, 2013 at 10:43 am

7. I love this idea! So easy to do and makes such a big change.

February 21, 2013 at 5:14 am

8. Thats look nice. I’ll probably spray my lamp as well , its too boring otherwise xx
    Anastassia http://creativerussia.wordpress.com

February 26, 2013 at 7:51 am

9. I’m seeing spraypaint and I’m thinking shoes…?

β™₯ Paula Shoe Fiend.

March 8, 2013 at 5:23 pm

10. Should make sure you use a bulb in low wattage because the spray paint can catch fire or you can try engine paint that works on things that get really hot

March 11, 2013 at 7:56 am

11. Pingback: DIY Blog Love: Gold | Made in Pretoria

12. Pingback: Bunny Love | Whatever works

13. Pingback: Gold Madness! (10 Use Of Gold Spray Paint) | VERSATILE JOURNAL

14. Pingback: Next Project: Painted Desk Lamp inspired by Glitter ‘n Glue | In the thrift store before Macklemore