DIY: Ball And Chain Stackable Rings

Rachel McAdams, Nicole Richie, Rose Gold Beaded Stackable Rings

I had an accessories ah-ha moment this week while sitting in traffic… I need to add a few simple and dainty rings to my jewelry box. I know it’s like a compete 180 from the blinged out, statement making Kristen that you guys have grown to know and love ;-) but every once and awhile it’s good to switch it up. Stackable rings it the perfect addition to the stackable bracelets that already dress up my arm. This DIY project is simple, easy, chic and SUPER CHEAP (…like $2 cheap)!

Materials: Ball and Chain (available at your local hardware store or jewelry supplier) , Connectors

To be sure you size your ring correctly, use one of your favorite rings to measure the amount of chain you need. Ball chain comes in many different sizes, but I think the smaller size balls you get the better for this DIY project. The chain can easily be cut with scissors.

Attach the connector to one end and complete the circle by connecting it to the other end.

The great thing about this ring is that it’s adjustable! You can wear it on a smaller finger by just using the connector to adjust the ring size.

Stacks on stack on stacks!

You can combine them with other stackable rings that you already own or wear them on your pinky finger. They’re the perfect accessory to add to your staples.

About these ads

19 responses

1. What a GREAT idea!! I’d love to try this out, what a great DIY! :D

May 2, 2012 at 3:31 am

2. Mandi

Brilliant! I think I have a stash of these from back in the day

May 2, 2012 at 3:34 am

3. robin

Kristen there are colors in the ball chains too that would be fun for summer! Going to do this pronto!

May 2, 2012 at 4:21 am

• Oh the color ball and chain would be AMAZING!!!! Thanks for reminding me that those are out there. I’m also looking for the copper/ rose gold color too. The balls on the copper chain at my hardware store were too big :-(

May 2, 2012 at 8:15 am

4. Evelyn

Wow, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to try it this weekend. What a brilliant idea.

May 2, 2012 at 6:54 am

5. i love it, looks soo great on your last photo. i’m gonna try it soon. :)
    (roni)

May 2, 2012 at 8:33 am

6. These are awesome and really make a statement. It’s so funny when I seen your photo of these rings; my husband been making them for quite sometime now. I just didn’t know you could get ball chain in different color’s outside of sterling silver. A great statement piece!

May 2, 2012 at 3:58 pm

7. This is a perfect idea!! I love how the look all stacked!

xoxo

May 2, 2012 at 4:31 pm

8. Lakesha

great DIY, as always

May 3, 2012 at 9:05 am

9. looks great on a finger!
    I like it!:))

staklene bombone

May 4, 2012 at 1:52 am

10. I used to wear those things as bracelets when I was a teenager and people made fun of me.

May 4, 2012 at 5:47 pm

11. Pingback: Top 5 Bloggers’ Ring DIYs « M&J Blog

12. love it! I have tons of ballchain laying around unused because I can not find coonectors! Where do you get them?! Do they also come in different sizes?

May 5, 2012 at 11:58 am

13. Pingback: Blogger Highlight: Glitter ‘N Glue « M&J Blog

14. Pingback: DIY I’m Dying to Try! | MPress

15. My mind is spinning with this DIY! I’m thinking that if you used a different type of chain, with a decorative clasp which would then become the ring face you’d have a whole different thing going on.

May 24, 2012 at 12:18 pm

16. kat

I love this idea!!! can’t wait to make my own, I’m so excited! Thanks so much for this super easy diy :)

May 27, 2012 at 2:02 pm

17. Pingback: Our Favorite Ball Chain DIY Jewelry Projects

18. Pingback: 3 DIY’s I’m Dying to Try!