DIY: Neon Stud Clutch

L to R: Solange Knowles with C.C. Skye Clutch, Aldo Shoes, Tylie Malibu Clutch

Last weekend, while on a little shopping spree, I tweeted out a few pics of pieces that tickled my fancy. You guys were really excited about anything neon. I’m obsessed with the bright colored shoes from Aldo and I basically want everything in Nanette Lepore’s Spring collection. Clearly you guys are just as into the brights as I am. So as promised, here’s a little neon clutch DIY tutorial that’s a must for your Spring wardrobe.

Materials: A Clutch, Stud Trim, Glue, Fluorescent Spray Paint

First, use a little E6000 to glue the stud trim directly to the clutch.

Transform your clutch from dull to delicious by adding a little spray paint. Use painters tape to protect the hardware of the bag from being covered in paint.

You shouldn’t need more than two coats. Just be sure to give it plenty of time to dry.

Jumpsuit from BCBGeneration, Leopard wedges from Chinese Laundry

Stylist tip: If the bands of a halter top are long enough, try playing around with different ways of tying your top. Criss cross the bands in the back and tie it under your bust line for a different look.

The Oscars are this weekend so I had to hit the palm tree lined streets of Beverly Hills for this shot. The sun was shinning and I was feeling so Hollywood. Are you excited about the Oscars? For me, the main event is the red carpet. I’m looking forward to seeing who will be wearing what.

About these ads

43 responses

1. I love this! even looks cool before the spray paint :)

February 22, 2012 at 9:47 am

2. Dee Dee

Clutch is cute but your pantsuit is PHEEEEEENOMENAL!!!! Love it!!! Stealing it!!!!

February 22, 2012 at 9:53 am

3. Vanita

Beautiful! It turned out gorgeous!

I have new tutorials.

February 22, 2012 at 10:18 am

4. this is pure genius!!! where did you get the studs??

wtfwhatthefashion.blogspot.com/

February 22, 2012 at 10:22 am

5. I love this DIY so much!!!!! that clutch is so trendy, where do you get the studs trim?
    xoxo Julieta

February 22, 2012 at 10:50 am

6. Olivia

I was just out at Michael’s this weekend looking for pyramid studs. Do you know where you can get them in stores? I know you can get them online but I’m impatient and want to get my hands on these little beauties.
    I LOVE this DIY and am totally trying this out sometime soon.

xx Olivia
    IWANTTHESESHOES

February 22, 2012 at 11:29 am

7. Robin

This look is amazing!!! I totally have to do this DIY! I read your blog regularly but I am more of a lurker! LOL This project was so great I had to comment! Also I know alot of DIY bloggers love E6000 glue so I bought it. Am I missing a step because anytime I use it for various crafts, the components fall right off… any advice?

February 22, 2012 at 12:20 pm

8. LOVE LOVE LOVE the clutch and your jumpsuit is FABULOUS!!!

February 22, 2012 at 12:56 pm

9. Love it, can’t wait to make a few for the Spring/Summer.

February 22, 2012 at 1:06 pm

10. love it totally!!!
    xoxo

February 23, 2012 at 12:40 pm

11. mskristiina

Love it! I’m totally going to try this.

February 24, 2012 at 11:39 am

12. I love this idea I’m going to try it!!

Visit My DIY page
    I follow anyone who follows back!

February 24, 2012 at 8:12 pm

13. i love these ideas! now i just need to get my assistant to make them for me…haha!!! lovely ideas…really fun

February 27, 2012 at 11:53 pm

14. I LOVE this!!! I have the same clutch. But no studs, perhaps I can just spray it and get a similar look. Thanks for the great idea!

February 28, 2012 at 12:37 pm

15. Pingback: NEW at Elle Communications Showcase | Love and Rosen

16. This is so cool! Your blog is awesome!

March 5, 2012 at 8:36 am

17. LOVE the clutch!!!! great work!!!!

March 9, 2012 at 7:31 am

18. Pingback: Monday Links + Tony the Tiger « Fashion in the Urban Jungle

19. Great idea Kristen! I’ll be trying this soon!

March 14, 2012 at 11:55 am

20. Pingback: Chata de Galocha! | Lu Ferreira » Arquivos » Pras jeitosas: ideias e sites de DIY

21. Valerie

This is an awesome idea and your execution is so good! Are you just lucky that the stud trim fit the width of your clutch exactly?

April 4, 2012 at 12:02 pm

22. This turned out great, love it

April 9, 2012 at 7:32 pm

23. Pingback: DIY: An Open Love Letter To Krylon’s Fluorescent Spray Paint «

24. Just LOVE IT!! Love your ideais, love your blog!
    Maybe some day I´ll manage to do things so easely

Beeeejus

April 17, 2012 at 5:10 pm

25. Pingback: Do it yourself! « buymyvintage

26. omg i am so doing this after work tomorrow! michaels here i come lol

May 7, 2012 at 11:42 pm

27. Pingback: DIY : Neon Clutch Çanta Boyama | Hobi Fikirleri Yaratıcı El İşi Örnekleri

28. Marla

I just found your blog today. I love this!! Simple and fabulous!! Thanks for sharing.

Marla

June 3, 2012 at 6:30 pm

29. Nici

I’m from Germany and I was in 5367136713613 Shops, looking for a Neon Clutch…
    Now I made my own :) Thanks, for the great Idea! :)

June 5, 2012 at 4:06 am

30. Pingback: Top 5 DIY Clutches « M&J Blog

31. Pingback: Top 5 Fashion Accessory DIYs | Ambry Lane's Blog

32. looove the idea! will try it this weekend, I have a ? tho… I have an old clutch the material is pattent learther and I am afraid that the paint might not stick… any sugestions?
    *totally not related to the clutch… I was admiring your pics. The rumper is gorgeous, I’ve noticed you are well indoubt, so am I and I have issues wearing open back outfits… just wondering what kind of bra are you wearing?

August 3, 2012 at 7:51 am

33. V.

Great idea!

August 5, 2012 at 12:56 pm

34. Pingback: As melhores ideias de customização: Glitter 'N Glue | Customização de Roupas, Acessórios e Objetos de Decoração - Customizando.net

35. This is SO cute! Love your outfit too!!

August 27, 2012 at 12:25 pm

36. Pingback: Top 5 Studded Trim DIYs « M&J Blog

37. Pingback: Just Add Studs | Weeklysauce

38. Pingback: VIDEO: DIY Matte Black Accessories |

39. Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it’s new to
    me. Nonetheless, I’m definitely delighted I found it and I’ll be book-marking and checking
    back frequently!

April 25, 2013 at 6:33 pm

40. Pingback: All Neon Everything - Our Favorite Looks For The Season « Lady Clever

41. Pingback: 23 Fun and Easy DIY Neon Crafts | Style Motivation