DIY: Tassel Knot Chain Earrings

Ok so full disclosure: This post was inspired by an episode of The Real Housewives of Atlanta. Yes I’m a fan of entire Bravo TV Housewives  franchise. I watch all of them, except Orange County. Don’t judge me! Anywho, I was watching last weeks episode of RHOATL when these earrings on the lobes of Ms. Sheree Whitfield caught my eye. They were all chain and dangling down here neck. They were fierce! My inner diva was turned on and I was inspired to make my own…

Materials: Chains, 2 Jump Rings, 2 Earring Findings

Sip the earring finding onto the jump ring. Cut your chain to be about 8-10 inches long.

Slide your chain through the jump ring.

Knot the top of the earring, finding and all, around the chain and pull tight to secure.

Honey, you gotta love a pair of earrings that move in the wind!

Anytime I wear chains it brings out my inner Rihanna. My inner rocker. They edgy and fun. Not necessarily something I’d wear every day, but with the right outfit they’re the perfect match.

About these ads

23 responses

1. My ears aren’t pierced but this would look cute as a necklace! Love them.

January 25, 2012 at 10:21 am

2. Love these, and they’re so simple to make! No judgment here re Real Housewives, though I watch ONLY Orange County :).

January 25, 2012 at 10:23 am

3. Vanita

So fierce, love them!

A jewelry blog.

January 25, 2012 at 10:59 am

4. jessica

Ahh! Too adorable! I love these earrings, and they’re SO easy! Thanks!

January 25, 2012 at 1:47 pm

5. Zoe P

Gorgeousss! and so simple to make, thanks for sharing

January 25, 2012 at 1:52 pm

6. I totally saw those and LOVED them. Oh Sheree. And I’m all for wearing earrings like this every day. I have some similar I made with gold chains and they look amazing with the simplest outfits.

January 25, 2012 at 6:52 pm

7. Great idea! Love it!

Kisses from HK,
    Nicole

January 26, 2012 at 4:47 am

8. Allyson

So this is one DIY I am going to try.

January 26, 2012 at 5:42 am

9. Wow great idea i really like it!

January 26, 2012 at 7:42 am

10. So simple yet glamorous!!

January 30, 2012 at 9:08 am

11. meesha

where can we get those chains?

January 30, 2012 at 1:50 pm

• I picked them up at my local jewelry supply store. I spent a total of $7 on the whole project. Including chain, jump rings, etc…

January 31, 2012 at 2:31 pm

• meesha

Thanks! do you think they would have it at JoAnns or Michaels?
        Can’t wait to get started on this project as soon as my midterms are over!

February 3, 2012 at 12:56 am

12. Natasha A.

Hell yeah! Those are the coolest tassel earrings yet! Love them!

February 1, 2012 at 9:15 am

13. OMG, I totally saw that episode (I live right outside of the ATL and can’t get enough of the show, even though I don’t think it depicts the most fabulous of folks in the city- still addicting and fun trash to watch!!) and was obsessed with those earrings!!! What a clever idea on a DIY project. Love love your site!

February 1, 2012 at 12:57 pm

14. Running with Bolt Cutters

Lurrrrrrrve. Try it with bright strips of fabric mixed in, too. It’s fabulous.
    (See http://runningwithboltcutters.wordpress.com/2011/12/27/fabric-scrap-earrings for my take)
    Or you could do a chanel-y pair with gold chain and a hint of black leather/double sided pleather.

February 23, 2012 at 11:09 am

15. these looks so good, i like the idea above of mixing fabric in too.

April 9, 2012 at 7:32 pm

16. Pingback: DIY: 10 Statement Earrings You Can Easily Make | EcoSalon | Conscious Culture and Fashion

17. Pingback: 5 DIY Accessories You'll Love - BeauCoo Blog

18. Pingback: 24 Handmade Jewelry Gifts | Random Tuesdays

19. Pingback: DIY- its your life. | Inside the mind of a teenage girl

20. Pingback: 20 Easy and Beautiful Earring DIY Ideas | Style Motivation

21. Pingback: 35 DIY Ideas for Super Cute Bracelets and Earrings | Beauty Harmony Life