WINTER IS HERE!!! Ok I know it’s in the mid 60s here in LA and those of you that live in other parts of the US are shooting me major sideeye right now, but it’s Winter is here! Shorts, maxi dress, and sandals will no longer cut it. I spent a little quality time over the weekend doing something I rarely do… cleaning and organizing. I prepared by closet for the colder weather. It’s something I do twice a year. Once in the Fall and once in the Spring. Click here to see the full video (don’t forget to subscribe to the channel). If your closet is in need of a Winter make over, here are a few helpful tips:
1. Rotate Your Clothes: Bring the Winter wares to the front and send the Summer clothes to the back.
2. Stuff Your Drawers: Fold up things like shorts, t-shirts and stuff them in your drawers. Out of sight and out of mind. Plus this frees up some space in your closet for you to focus on your fab sweaters!
3. The Shoe Swap: Say goodbye to the sandals. Put them in the way back and make room for all your flats, booties and boots.
4. Organize Your Accessories: Winter weather is made for accessorizing. Now is the right time for all those hats, scarves and belts. Here’s a tip from my wardrobe stylist days… use a safety pin to hang your accessories to a hanger. This way you have easy access to each one and know exactly what you own.
5. The Purge: Seriously “The Purge” sounds like the title to a horrible scary movie and if you’ve seen my closet… it is! Now is the perfect time go get inside your closet, see what woks from last season and what doesn’t.
Crossroads Trading Co., one of my favorite places to shop, has a really great “Sell By Mail” program that comes in handy for such a purging occasion. Just go to their website and request a pre-paid shipping bag. They’ll mail one directly to your house. Fill it up with gently used, in season on trend threads and send it back to them. They’ll give you cash for the clothes they purchase or you can opt for a trade credit which allows you to shop their store. For a small fee they’ll what they didn’t purchase back to you or you have the option of donating it to charity. Money for new clothes + do a little good for charity. YES, PLEASE! Thanks Crossroads. Click here for all the details and to request your bag.
This post is a partnership with Crossroads Trading, Co. – one of my favorite resale stores!